The orthopaedic department at the trust provides outstanding diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation for patients experiencing a wide variety of musculoskeletal disorders and injuries.
It is a busy department, with 21 highly skilled orthopaedic consultant surgeons based at The James Cook University Hospital and the Friarage Hospital in Northallerton.
The department deals with around 60,000 outpatients appointments and 3,500 emergency admissions a year across both sites.
Following surgery a full range of physiotherapy and occupational therapy services are available to ensure patients make a full and speedy recovery.
The department offers many services including:
- General orthopaedics (adult)
- General orthopaedics (paediatric)
- Trauma surgery
- Acute knee clinic
- Arthroscopic re-constructive surgery for sports injuries of shoulder
- Computer assisted orthopaedic surgery
- Complex hip and knee reconstruction
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Hand & wrist surgery
- Hand and upper limb surgery for rheumatoid disease
- Primary and revision hip and knee arthoplasty
- Knee surgery
- Limb reconstruction
- Shoulder and elbow surgery
- Spinal assessment clinic
- Spinal cord injury
- Spinal deformities
- Spinal infections and tumours
- Spinal surgery
- Spinal trauma
- Upper limb surgery